Thursday, March 12, 2009

“Lord, What Do You Think Is Best?” – Step 11 Personal Revelation

My algebra teacher was a bit of a character. He name was Mr. Michaelisco. I remember only three things about him: the plaid jacket he wore every day, his heavy rimmed glasses with extra thick lenses, and the fact that he was very unhelpful if we had questions during tests or quizzes. The answer to any and every question during such events was always the same. In a low monotone voice his response was, “Do whatever you think is best.”

From the time I was a little girl I was taught that this life is a test. I admit that I have been tempted to imagine my Heavenly Teachers giving me the same answer as Mr. Michaelisco when I ask questions in the middle of “the test.” “Do whatever you think is best, Nannette”

Today I’m learning that God’s exercises, quizzes, and tests are not the quickly made, quickly graded, true-false, or multiple-choice variety. Each test is perfectly created with my individual progress in mind. I am also learning that the point of the Lord’s tests is not to see what I can figure out by myself. Each test is open book, open heart, and open notes. And each test is administered by a God who loves nothing more than to discuss the answers with me, right in the middle of the test. In fact, the question He most loves to hear is, “Lord, what do You think is best?”

By Nannette W.
Posted Thursday, March 12, 2009

Copyright 2008 by Nannette W. All rights reserved. Making or sending copies is permitted if the page is not changed in any way and the material is not used for profit. This notice must be included on each copy made or sent.

No comments: