Tuesday, February 3, 2009

“Be-aware” of Dog! – Step 11 Personal Revelation

Here we go again! A knock at the door and our little dog Snitzel rips down the hall as fast as his little dachshund legs can maneuver, barking ferociously. Baby’s been asleep for thirty minutes but he’s absolutely awake now. How can one little puppy create such a disturbance? Part of me wants to discipline the dog so he’ll never do that again. Then I think of how that little bark may warn me someday and save my family or myself from an intruder.

That’s not the only time I’ve been frustrated with a potential warning. “To warn is to notify in advance, caution, forewarn.” Life is full of warnings, physical, spiritual, and emotional. Warnings of potential danger can be annoying, unpleasant, frightening, or down right painful. In the past, instead of taking action based on warnings, I’ve put a lot of energy into quieting them or downright getting rid of them. Today I am learning to see them as gifts from God. I’m learning to act on them as I would if I smelled smoke in the house. Listen to warnings! Appreciate the caution! Take action! The message might save my life. I am learning to appreciate the power of divine notification.

By Nannette W.
Posted Tuesday February 3, 2009

Copyright 2008 by Nannette W.
All rights reserved. Making or sending copies is permitted if the page is not changed in any way and the material is not used for profit. This notice must be included on each copy made or

1 comment:

janhad3 said...

Very timely message. Amen.