Tuesday, November 18, 2008

“Later Grandma!” – Step 11

During lunch one day I was talking to my Granddaughter Sammy (age four) and called her my “sister.” She told me in no uncertain terms that I was not her sister. I started trying to help her understand that in a “Heavenly” context I really was. I was barely into the explanation when she bolted from her chair at the kitchen table and said, as she skipped out of the room, “Let’s talk about this later Grandma.”

I chuckled to myself because it reminded me of the way I occasionally treat the Lord. Sometimes when he wants to do a little explaining, instead of feasting “upon the words of Christ” (2 Nephi 32:3) I say, in so many words, “Let’s talk about this later.”

By Nannette W.
Posted Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Copyright 2008 by Nannette W. All right reserved.
Making or sending copies is permitted if the page is not changed in any way and the material is not used for profit. This notice must be included on each copy made or sent.

No comments: