Thursday, August 28, 2008

Coming Down The Mountain - Part 3

About half way to the summit, there is a beautiful spot where most people pause to rest. It’s appropriately called “Emerald Lake.” Well, we weren’t even half way to the lake, when we found the trail covered with snow. I hadn’t expected snow and neither had any of the people who advised me that my old walking shoes would be sufficient for my needs. These were the shoes I’d worn around the block hundreds of times on my daily walks. Comfortable, yes. Tread, zero.

Another lesson appeared in my thoughts: Nannette, comfort and familiarity do not mean safety when it comes to the equipment you choose to help you along life’s path either! Taking the easier, more comfortable way today may actually hinder your progress later. Choose carefully!

As those words passed through my mind, I had no idea how true they would prove in the hours ahead.

To Be Continued.

By Nannette W.
Posted Thursday, August 28, 2008

Copyright 2008 by Nannette W. All right reserved.
Making or sending copies is permitted if the page is not changed in any way and the material is not used for profit.
This notice must be included on each copy made or sent.

No comments: