Sunday, August 24, 2008

“Oh, Besides Him”

One day I had the occasion to sit in on a Young Women lesson being taught by one of the Young Women. She was teaching a lesson on what the girls could do to avoid immorality. “So, what are some of the things we can do to keep ourselves morally clean?” she asked the class.

There was a long silence. Then one hand went up. “We can go the Lord and pray for strength.”

The youthful teachers response was, “Oh, besides Him!”

The children in my life must see that for me the Lord is the first resort, not the last and that I try to never take His power to direct and protect and enable me to do His will for granted. “Oh, Besides Him!”

Deuteronomy 4:35 “Unto thee is was shewed, that thou mightest know that the Lord he is God; there is none else beside him.”

When it comes to getting through today’s struggles, big and small, I want to show that this is what I believe. I cannot share a message I don’t live.

By Nannette W.
Posted Sunday, August 24, 2008

Copyright 2008 by Nannette W. All right reserved.
Making or sending copies is permitted if the page is not changed in any way and the material is not used for profit.
This notice must be included on each copy made or sent.

No comments: