Thursday, August 14, 2008

“Is It Enough?” – Perfectionism

The opening song in Sacrament meeting was, “Come Follow Me.” During my fifty plus years, I have sung this song many times. This time was different. As I sang the first line of the second verse, tears came to my eyes.

“Is it enough alone to know that we must follow Him below?”

I heard, “Is it really, Nannette? Is it enough alone to know that you must simply follow Me?” The tears were in reaction to this tenderly expressed question, placed in my mind by my loving powerful Savior.

I have spent a Pharisaical lifetime adding to the list of detailed requirements for having what I refer to as “the true day.” I have whipped myself without mercy for not measuring up. It’s an exhausting way to live. How grateful I am for the simplified instruction to simply, moment by moment, follow Him. It’s Enough!

By Nannette W.
Written December 2005
Posted Thursday, August 14, 2008

Copyright 2008 by Nannette W. All right reserved.
Making or sending copies is permitted if the page is not changed in any way and the material is not used for profit.
This notice must be included on each copy made or sent.

No comments: